MASTERY NEWSLETTER Dedicated to Health, Wealth and Fr~eedom
New Super Bug Hits the US
Extremely Contagious, Easy to Get, Hard to Prevent
It is The “Ferrari” of Viruses: Fast Moving, Well Designed
Makes People Violently Ill, No One is Immune
Lives for Weeks on Hard Surfaces
What You Can Do
Unlike the regular flu bug which is bad enough, this new form of norovirus can live on hard surfaces for weeks. That means door handles, coffee makers, escalator handrails. Regular detergents don’t work on it. Hand sanitizers don’t kill it. It has a new and unique shape.
The regular flu bug is transmitted through the air and only lives for two to eight hours on hard surfaces. This new form can linger for weeks. Once affected, the symptoms come on quickly, within hours of being exposed.
The good news? For most, it will run its course in two to three days. “A horrible two to three days” according to ABC News medical correspondent Dr. Richard Besser.
You can see the ABC News story and what Dr. Besser recommends here: http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/powerful-norovirus-spreads-america-18318770
Effective Protocols for the Flu
1. Wash Your Hands. Regular medicine and alternative therapists agree on this one. Consider stepping it up with this new norovirus now ripping through America. (It started in Australia, so it may hit your corner of the world as well.)
2.Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. If possible, avoid close contact with those, who are sick and, if you are sick, avoid close contact with those who are well.
3. Exercise. No one disagrees that regular exercise can help the immune system to be more effective in fighting foreign pathogens. (Over exercise, though, can decrease immune functions. See Protocol #19 in The Zen of Joy for more on this:http://www.zenofjoy.com )
4. The Flu "Shot" Will Not Work. Not against this new bug. While there is disagreement about whether flu shots work well against other strains of the bug, there is none about this strain.
5. Reduce Stress. If your body is having to deal with stress, there are fewer resources left over to deal with invading bugs. Laughter is the #1 stress reducer. The trick is it takes 10-15 minutes of sustained laughter to produce enough of the "feel-good" hormones like endorphins to crowd out the stress hormones. You can search for laughing babies on the net or you can download my no-cost video to laugh along with me daily: http://joyenergyandhealth.com/
6. Get Plenty of Rest. Again, if your body is tired, it will be harder to fight the bugs.
7. Optimize Your Friendly Bacteria. Regular use of fermented foods as well as high quality probiotics can radically optimize the function of your immune response.
8. Reduce Sugar and Processed Foods. Fitness and health expert Jack Lalanne had a simple test for what to put in your mouth: "If man made it, don't eat it." Sugar for example, feeds the unfriendly bacteria.
9. Watch Your Vitamin D levels. Many "alternative' therapists believe flu "season" is nothing more or less than a lack of Vitamin D from less sunshine in the colder months. "According to the latest review by Carole Baggerly (Grassrootshealth.org), adults need about 8,000 IU's a day. Be sure to take vitamin K2 if you are taking high dose oral vitamin D as it has a powerful synergy and will help prevent any D toxicity." -Dr. Mercola. also from Dr. Mercola:
10. Take a High Quality Source of Animal-Based Omega-3 Fats. Increase your intake of healthy and essential fats like the omega-3 found in krill oil, which is crucial for maintaining health. It is also vitally important to avoid damaged omega-6 oils that are trans fats and in processed foods as it will seriously damage your immune response.
The following tips are from an article in NaturalNews.com: http://www.naturalnews.com/038663_flu_season_treatment_elderberry.html
"11.Take elderberry extract. Elderberry has been shown in several clinical studies to reduce the duration and severity of flu symptoms, and it is safe for children.
12. Take echinacea. It will help the body defend itself against viruses.
13. Vitamin C in hefty doses (6,000 – 20,000 mg/day) is a good idea as well. Children's doses are usually about 1/3 that of adults.
14. Vitamin A is helpful for viruses at a dosage of 20,000 – 40,000 IU/day.
15. Start taking a Yin Chiao Chinese herbal formula at the first onset of viral symptoms. These are usually available at health food stores and through online suppliers. The two primary herbal ingredients are Lonicera and Forsythia (Jin Yin Hua and Lian Chiao). A more specific Chinese herbal formula for flu symptoms with muscle aching and sinus congestion is Gan Mao Ling. These are inexpensive and everyone would do well to stock these two formulas in your first aid kit.
16. Homeopathic medicines are also mainstays in the treatment of flu symptoms. Often the most important homeopathic is Gelsemium, characterized by chilliness, lack of thirst, severe aching, and severe tiredness with headache and congestion. By contrast Bryonia is a homeopathic flu remedy for flu symptoms if you feel warm and want cool drinks and cool air, you are thirsty, and have bad headaches and achiness. These medicines are also perfectly safe for children. Take a 12 or 30 strength of one of these homeopathics every few hours until you feel much better.
This holistic treatment program along with plenty of water, soups, and fresh fruits will get you feeling back to normal and assure that you avoid the complications that sometimes accompany seasonal flus.
About the author: Dr. Randall Neustaedter, OMD, has practiced and taught holistic medicine for more than thirty years in the San Francisco Bay area, specializing in child health care. He is a licensed acupuncturist and doctor of Chinese medicine, author of The Holistic Baby Guide, Child Health Guide and The Vaccine Guide. Visit his website, http://www.cure-guide.com, to register for a free newsletter with pediatric specialty articles and follow him on Facebook, at Dr. Randall Neustaedter, OMD."
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”;
Enjoy the rest of the read,
Also in this issue:
* Still believe in the flu shot??? Flu epidemic strikes millions of Americans already vaccinated against the flu.
* CNN's Piers Morgan receives flu vaccine injection from Dr. Oz, then gets sick
* 50 Life Hacks to Simplify Your Life
* Daily workouts can’t undo damage done from sitting all day
* Russell Means: Welcome To The Reservation
►BOOKS WORTH READING
►MOVIES WORTH WATCHING
►FUN: Top 10 Ways to be Miserable in 2013
►FINAL WORD: The New Age Goes into Retirement …Hilarious
"No matter how busy you think you are, you must find time for reading or surrender yourself to self chosen ignorance." -Confucius
Still believe in the flu shot??? Flu epidemic strikes millions of Americans already vaccinated against the flu.
CNN's Piers Morgan receives flu vaccine injection from Dr. Oz, then gets sick
Daily workouts can’t undo damage done from sitting all day (NBC TV news report)
50 Life Hacks to Simplify Your Life
Russell Means: Welcome To The Reservation
Lots of new info and filling in the blanks…he knows about the Federal Reserve System. He even talks about something no one else I have talked to or heard from knew…that George Orwell's book 1984 was originally titled 1948. Means says the publishers made him change it. I read that Orwell's friend Anthony Burgess said that it was Orwell's friends who persuaded him.
The friends thought it was too much for people to take that what was going on in the book was actually happening in 1948, so they got him to make it a future world.
BOOKS WORTH READING
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. Book Review http://joyenergyandhealth.com/war-art/
MOVIES WORTH WATCHING
Jiro Dreams of Sushi. The Greatest Sushi chef in the world. Michelin gave him 3 stars even though his restaurant has but very few seats. It is fully reserved a month or more into the future. 3 stars by Michelin means it is worth it to visit the country just to eat in this restaurant.
“Once you have found your occupation, you must immerse yourself in your work. You have to fall in love with your work. Never complain about your job. You must dedicate your life to the mastery of your skill. That’s the secret of success and is the key to being regarded honorably.” –Jiro Ono, the world’s greatest sushi chef in “Jiro Dreams of Sushi.”
Top 10 Ways to be Miserable in 2013 From Marci Shimoff, author of Happy for No Reason and Love for No Reason:
Want a great laugh? Take a quick break — just a minute — to watch this. We were cracking up creating it, and I'm sure you'll get a good laugh. There's also an important message in here for you about how to have a magnificent year.
The New Age Goes into Retirement …Hilarious
One example: "If you’ve been channeling Archangel Michael, the Pleiades, or Elvis, its time to cut it out. From here forward your responsibility is simply to connect the words that come out of your mouth with the thoughts and feelings that are passing inside of you. Codeword: honesty. Known to lead to: intimacy"
That’s it for now. Enjoy your month.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”;
Love and Laughter,
Matti Anttila, Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher. Author of The Zen of Joy & 108 Tips for More Joy, Energy and Health. http://joyenergyandhealth.com/
☼ No matter how happy or unhappy you are, you can feel "Authentic Joy" within minutes of accessing this video: http://joyenergyandhealth.com/ Complimentary email course included: 108 Tips for More Joy, Energy and Health. 110-174 Wilson Street, Victoria, BC, Canada, V9A 7N7. 1-484-727-5230.
The Inner Circle
You just might want to see more of these kinds of stories/anecdotes than the once a month Mastery Newsletter. The “Inner Circle” explores a whole lot more subjects than I can fit into a monthly newsletter.
It is “ad hoc,” meaning it arrives in your inbox whenever I run across something, that could be once every 2 or 3 weeks. It might also be a few times in a single day. As always, simple to unsubscribe if it gets to be too much.
TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE INNER CIRCLE: Send an email to email@example.com with “SUB INNER CIRCLE” in the subject line.
Publisher Matti Anttila © Copyright Matti Anttila 2013. 110-174 Wilson Street, Victoria, B.C. Canada V9A7N7
Welcome to our new subscribers. Please recommend this E-Zine to anyone you know who is interested in Health, Wealth and Fr~eedom. Just have them email me with SUBMASNL in the subject field. firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy statement: I take your privacy seriously and do not distribute your information to anyone.
Disclaimer: Please make your own decisions about everything. That includes investment, taxation, health and/or any other area. Seek professional assistance before attempting any of the ideas, tools and/or techniques discussed in any of these MASTERY NEWSLETTERS.
Any and all information provided here is not a substitute for the advice of a licensed medical practitioner. Individuals are advised not to self-medicate in the presence of significant illness. Always consult with your licensed medical practitioner first before undertaking anything…be it supplements, exercise programs or other protocols. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Do not construe the information provided here as authoritative health advice…or authoritative advice of any sort. All information provided or referred-to on this website is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be health, medical, financial, accounting or tax advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. Matti Anttila is not a licensed financial planner, doctor or health practitioner. If you're not inclined to Do-It-Yourself then please, before you Do-It-To-Yourself, obtain professional advice.
Trackback from your site.