Special Report from Matti Anttila
There is only one dis-ease. All conditions from cancer to the common cold have and everything in between have, at their root, four causal conditions. And we all have all four operating in our lives in the modern, 21st Century world.
- Not getting the nutrition the body needs in the proper proportion delivered to the inside of our cells. Note the words “proper proportion.” This is a challenge in the modern world as much of modern food is deficient in nutrients. Knowing this or sensing this, many are using supplements to fill the gap. This may not be ideal. Part of the reason for the worldwide obesity epidemic is that we in the affluent western world are getting lots of food into our mouths while being starved on the cellular level. The body craves the nutrition, so we stuff more “food” into our mouths that is not being delivered to our cells.
- Build-up of toxins in our bodies. In the 1950s, there were only a handful of chemical additives in our food. Now, there are over 50,000 (probably a lot more, I have lost track). Herbalist Dr. Terry Willard tells us the average North American is taking in 10% of their bodyweight in pure chemicals annually. We are not designed for this, nor is our DNA capable of adjusting to such an onslaught in such a short time. “Paleolithic diet” researchers tell us our bodies have not yet adjusted to the agricultural revolution which is 10,000 years old. It is not rocket science to say that our bodies would find it difficult (the height of understatement) to adjust from zero chemical food additives to over 50,000 in a half century.
- The challenge with this point is to prevent ourselves from rolling our eyes as we hear this old chestnut once again. We have all been told that stress negatively affect us. “Yeah, yeah. Tell me something I don’t know.” Let’s see if we can revisit this with fresh eyes.
When we are faced with a life threatening situation, our bodies’ survival mechanisms kick into gear. The body is flooded with hormones and chemicals with one purpose and one purpose only: to survive. Adrenalin and cortisol are amongst those hormones. These are sometimes called the “fight or flight” hormones as their purpose is to neutralize the danger by overcoming it through battle or by fleeing the situation. When the danger is over, there is no more need for those chemicals. Indeed, when a gazelle gets away from a leopard, the gazelle spends about two minutes trembling to release those chemicals and then carries on as if nothing had happened. Humans, not so much. We tend to hang on and keep the fight or flight hormone production up. Therefore, we are chronically stressed.
It is important to note that all other systems in the body basically shut down. For example the digestive system. So, no matter how great the diet, if the digestive system is shut down because we are in a continual fight or flight mode, what chance for the body to deliver nutrients to the inside of the cell and nourish the system? Slim and none, right?
By holding on to the fight or flight mode, our bodies stay in continual trauma. Low grade trauma, it can be argued and not like soldiers returning from an actual battle zone, but trauma nonetheless. If we don’t release one trauma, then the next one layers on top of the previous one. Over a lifetime of being in continual cellular level stress and adding more and more layers to the “trauma onion” we impair the body’s natural healing capacity.
As a sidebar, this may be a major cause of the high divorce rate. When we are in fight of flight mode, we continuously scan the environment for danger. That is, we are looking for the negatives. Instead of seeing the wonderful qualities of our partners, we have no choice but to see their negatives. No choice as survival is the most basic function of living things, including humans. Until and unless we release the stress (notice I said “release” rather than “overcome.” “Overcome” is a word that we would use to do battle against the stress. That perception itself comes from being in the fight of flight mode.)
Another challenge with this is that all around us in the modern world, others are continually stressed, i.e. in fight or flight mode. So it seems the natural order of things. NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH! It may be normal or what the average person experiences, but it is decidedly NOT natural. Refer back to the gazelle trembling to release stress hormones when the danger is over. THAT is natural, NOT what we humans do. Solutions in a few moments.
- Electromagnetic Chaos. In the 1950s, CKWX radio was one of 7 radio stations in my city, Vancouver. They were the first to go from 10,000 watts to, at that time, an astounding 50,000 watts. The big news at the time was how that increase in power meant that some people were hearing the radio station through the fillings in their teeth and some just by sitting in their bathtubs!
Think how much more electrical and electronic “juice” is now circulating in the air. Not only many more radio stations, all the AM ones now at the 50,000 watt level, FM stations, 100,000 watts. Microwave towers, cell phone towers, even simple electricity has “juice” that spills out beyond the wires.
Do you think all this extra electrical activity has zero effect on our systems?
Clearly identify the problem and you are 90% of the way to the solution.
Can’t remember where I first came across that phrase, but it resonates with me and makes sense.
If the above four causes are accurate, then we can start to unravel the solutions to all dis-ease and not just isolate any one condition or group of conditions. We can actually begin to unravel any condition. That is my opinion at any rate.
- It can be argued that there are other causal factors. a) Emotional: Louise Hay has written on how our emotions can affect our bodies. If so, and I do believe Louise, where can “negative” emotions come from? First, is there such a thing as a negative emotion? Perhaps it is not the emotion itself, but the fact that we humans tend to hold on to them rather than letting them pass through our systems. Just like we humans hold on to the fight or flight mode while animals release them and carry on as if nothing had happened, do we also hang on to emotions?
- b) Spiritual: Do we choose prior to birth to experience some illnesses to “work out karma?” This is beyond the scope of this article. See “Your Soul’s Plan” if you would like to explore this area.
- Taking personal responsibility. If we accept the idea of four causative factors for dis-ease, it appears then we have little choice but to take over the task of healing ourselves, rather than turning it over to the medical system. This means changing our modus operandus. We have been taught/programmed from an early age to operate like this: Wait until there is a problem, take that problem into a higher authority to fix it for us. In this case, our doctors and the medical system.
The good news is we can address the four causative factors ourselves.
How to Address all Four Causative Factors
#1: Flood the cells with nutrients.
There is no end to the number of books, manuals, theories and systems of nutrition. How can I possibly make sense of them? There are so many that contradict each other.
Let us use a simple concept to cut through the clutter. That concept is results over time.
The Cleveland dentist Weston A. Price traveled the world looking for societies with perfect teeth. He found 14 of them. These societies not only had perfect teeth (.0001 cavities per thousand people, in that order of magnitude) but also had vibrant health and were still working as hard as ever in their 90s and even past age 100.
Motivational author and speaker Tony Robbins puts it this way: If you want to be successful at anything, find someone doing it and model them! Do what they are doing and you should get similar results.
Building on that concept, you can get Price’s book NUTRITION AND PHYSICAL DEGENERATION. I argue that it is the most important health book of the 20th Century.
If you are in a more critical situation, then there are two more recent and powerful books to get a system working for you right away. They are:
THE WAHLS PROTOCOL by Dr. Terry Wahls. A medical doctor, she had Multiple Sclerosis that was so pronounced she had to have a reclining wheelchair as the pain was too much for her to sit in a regular chair. She now bicycles! Talk about results.
She has three different levels to her protocol to flood the cells with nutrients.
The other is PERFECT HEALTH DIET by Paul Jaminet and his wife Shou-Ching Jaminet, both Ph.Ds. In fact, Paul Jaminet is an astrophysicist. That is the closest to rocket scientist I have seen who writes about health. They had very disturbing health problems in their forties, and being the scientists they are, they did their research and found cures.
They then said, what would we, as scientists, need to see in a well-researched and documented health book for us to believe it. They then wrote that book, complete with every point backed up by scientific research.
Either of these books can give a complete system to address causative factor #1.
#2. Rid the body of toxins. This may be a lot easier to do than we might think. A recent study in Sweden found that a family who went totally organic showed that most of accumulated pesticides in their bodies disappeared in 2 weeks. https://www.yahoo.com/health/this-is-how-eating-organic-affects-the-pesticide-118942216062.html
Further, The Wahls Protocol lines up with Paleolithic Diet ideas that if we fast for 16 hours a day, we can dramatically flush toxins from the body. That involves eating in an 8 hour window from 11am to 7pm. Finish eating by 7pm and don’t break your fast until 11am. That apparently helps the body to cleanse itself with no need to go on expensive cleanses from the health food store.
#3. Release/reduce stress. There are many stress reduction and release techniques. Meditation, laughter, smiling, playing, dancing, singing, helping others. The list is long. It does take doing it and making a commitment.
I use Laughter Yoga daily. Details: https://victorialaughteryogaclub.wordpress.com/
THE ZEN OF JOY is a book I wrote about how to access our authentic joy. http://zenofjoy.com/. It has 24 protocols that take only minutes a day to lift stress, feel joy and therefore enhance our immune function and our health.
Note that stress release is not an option. Flooding the body with nutrients will do little if the digestive system is shut down because fight or flight hormones are ruling the roost.
Stress release is critical. Don’t overlook it.
#4: Get grounded.
EARTHING is a book by Clinton Ober, Dr. Stephen Sinatra and Morton Zucker. It is based on the discovery that connecting to the Earth’s natural energy is foundational for vibrant health. The idea is getting your bare feet on to the earth. There are also mats to buy to put on your mattress to sleep while grounded. http://www.earthing.com/
We are faced with a system that is becoming overloaded. As I write this, I read in this morning’s news about a 71 year old man with an aggressive cancerous growth on his neck. The local British Columbia medical system had an 8 week wait for him to see his oncologist. His Korean born wife arranged for him to fly to South Korea where the tumour was surgically removed. He and the Korean surgeon both agree he would likely have died if he had to wait for surgery in BC. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/gerd-trubenbach-says-flying-to-korea-for-cancer-surgery-was-his-only-hope-1.3079619?cmp=rss
Health systems are being overwhelmed. All the more reason to begin to take charge of and responsibility for our own health.
Thanks for Kevin Trudeau for the idea.
Disclaimer and Caution:
Any information provided on this website is not a substitute for the advice of a licensed medical practitioner. Individuals are advised not to self-medicate in the presence of significant illness. Always consult with your licensed medical practitioner first before undertaking anything…be it supplements, exercise programs or other practices. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Do not construe the information provided here as authoritative health advice..or authoritative advice of any sort. All information provided or referred-to on this website is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be health, medical, financial, accounting or tax advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. Matti Anttila is not a licensed financial planner, doctor or health practitioner. If you’re not inclined to Do-It-Yourself then please, before you Do-It-To-Yourself, obtain professional advice.
The Single Most Important Habit to Acquire
http://joyenergyandhealth.com/mastery-newsletter-sign-up-page (Also no-cost Mastery Newsletter)
108 Tips for More Joy, Energy and Health, includes How to Feel Authentic Joy, Even When Unhappy (No-cost) http://joyenergyandhealth.com
Matti Anttila, Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher. Zen of Joy Consultant and Author of: The Zen of Joy. How to Rewire Your Brain for Happiness & Success.
How Joyous are You? Free Zen of Joy Questionnaire. Click here: http://zenofjoy.com
You are important. Not just important, but just as important as any person on the planet, now, in past history or in the future. Everything you say, do and feel has an impact on the universe and everything and everyone in it.
Publisher Matti Anttila © Copyright 2015 Matti Anttila, 110-174 Wilson Street, Victoria, B.C. Canada V9A7N7
Welcome to our new subscribers. Think of someone you know who is interested in health, wealth and/or freedom. Invite them to subscribe to Mastery Newsletter. Just ask them to go here: http://joyenergyandhealth.com/mastery-newsletter-sign-up-page/
Privacy statement: I take your privacy seriously and do not distribute your information to anyone.
Disclaimer: Please make your own decisions about everything. That includes investment, taxation, health and/or any other area. Seek professional assistance before attempting any of the ideas, tools and/or techniques discussed herein.
Any and all information provided here is not a substitute for the advice of a licensed medical practitioner. Individuals are advised not to self-medicate in the presence of significant illness. Always consult with your licensed medical practitioner first before undertaking anything…be it supplements, exercise programs or other protocols. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Do not construe the information provided here as authoritative health advice…or authoritative advice of any sort. All information provided or referred-to on this website is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be health, medical, financial, accounting or tax advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. Matti Anttila is not a licensed financial planner, doctor or health practitioner. If you’re not inclined to Do-It-Yourself then please, before you Do-It-To-Yourself, obtain professional advice.
Trackback from your site.